How to setup CKEditor with IMCE
One of the most important part of a CMS is the content editor. In this tutorial, we will show to setup CKEditor for this task and IMCE for handling file uploads.
CKEditor is a WYSIWYG editor. It is the most popular and widely-used editor for Drupal.
CKEditor-module (this tutorial uses 7.x-1.3)
IMCE-module (this tutorial uses 7.x-1.4)
Latest CKEditor (this tutorial uses 3.6.2)
- Download CKEditor- and IMCE-modules and extract them to your modules folder (sites/all/modules or sites/yoursite.com/modules).
- Go to yoursite.com/admin/modules and enable CKEditor- and IMCE-modules.
- Download latest CKEditor from ckeditor.com. Depending on where you extracted the CKEditor-module earlier, extract CKEditor so that ckeditor.js and rest of the files can be found in ckeditor/ckeditor/ckeditor/. (For example: sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor/ckeditor/ckeditor.js)
- Go to yoursite.com/admin/config/content/ckeditor . Choose either Advanced or Full profile and click "edit".
- Under Basic Setup, check the input formats you want to use this editor in.
- Under File browser settings, choose IMCE in File browser type (Link dialog).
- Click Save.
Installation is now complete! Now when you create new content, there should be CKEditor showing on the Body-field.
Also, if you add images in your CKEditor and click Browse Server-button, this will open a IMCE that handles image uploading and resizing. IMCE also works with other file formats, when you add a link to the site.
Thank you, work for me
thanks for the easy and comprehensive explanation - now it works finally, and it took me just 10 minutes!
Add new comment