So on my summer holiday I decided to finally take a look at custom module development for Drupal 8. During this time I made some interesting findings, and thought sharing them would probably help others too.
An update to last year's blog post, this post is about crawling the top 1,000,000 sites from Alexa and determining their CMS and Drupal versions etc.
Twitter API can be a major PITA sometimes, but luckily there are modules for Drupal that makes integrating it to your website easy.
So I crawled the top 1,000,000 websites from Alexa, looking for all of the Drupal websites (and other popular CMS's). Here are the results.
My first trip to a DrupalCon is just about to start!
The yearly DrupalCon Europe is held in Amsterdam from 29th of September to 3rd of October 2014. There are a lot of sessions to be seen, wide array of sprints, social events and much more.
Sometimes you just need to get your hands dirty and start adding Drupal Commerce products programmatically. Luckily that is not that hard of an thing to do.
Drupal has a block called "Language Switcher", which displays links to different language versions of the current page/node. If the node does not have translated version on the specified language, the block will not display a link for it. This can cause some confusion, since the user always expects to see links to all of the site's languages.
This can be fixed by modifying the block so that the all of the links link to the corresponding language's frontpage. It is easy to do by editing the site's theme.